After some time of searching the web without success, I had the saving idea. So…
This is how to get back a missing Auto window in VS2005:
- Make sure you are in debugging mode.
- In the menu, select Extras/Customize.
- In the upcoming dialog select category Debugging.
- On the right, look for Auto and drag the icon to a toolbar and drop it there.
- Close the Customize dialog.
- Press the new button on the toolbar. It is only active, if you are in debugging mode.
- Eureka! The Auto window is back!