I love Double Commander (DC) as a two-pane file manager and have already written about its basic features, how to add 7z support and some svn woes.
But DC has got some advanced features which you maybe wouldn’t expect.
- Under Files-Multi Rename it has got a tool with which you can do a rule-based rename of many files easily. Very useful e.g. to rename songs downloaded from Amazon.
- You can create symbolic and hard filesystem links. (Files-…)
- Under Files-Compare by Content you’ll find a diff tool. But you could also configure DC to use the diff tool you prefer.
- You can use DC as a FTP-client. When using this feature the first time, do this:
- Select Commands-Open VFS List.
- One of the panes then will show the entries FTP and Network.
- Double-click on FTP, then it will show Add connection and Quick connection.
- Double click one of them to add a connection.
DC is extremely configurable and extensible. Some examples.